We envision ourselves as a leader providing innovative solutions for public health laboratories and facilitating collaboration within the OpenELIS community.
A team of laboratory informatics professionals developing open-source, community-based solutions that support the informatics needs and best practices of public health laboratories.
- Strengthen the public health laboratory sphere through implementation of appropriate solutions and equitable access to resources.
- Be community based and responsive to community needs.
- Promote diversity in people, ideas, knowledge, and experiences to produce better decisions.
- Build reusable functionality that can be shared and leveraged across the community.
- Build the best user experience through collaborative design and innovation.
The OpenELIS Foundation is a consortium of public health IT and laboratory professionals who strive for a productive and responsive community that embraces diversity of people and ideas to foster collaboration and benefit our members, our organizations and the public who depend on us. As a non-profit organization, we are dependent upon our members, their passion and their participation.
We recognize the challenges faced by public health laboratories when choosing and implementing a laboratory information management system, and also understand and have participated in the development of requirements for such systems. An open source platform, OpenELIS has been developed keeping in mind these requirements and the changing landscape of public health laboratories. We are committed to the principles of open source software as well as collaboration and exchange of knowledge and experience.